View Single Post
Old
07-26-2010, 12:52 PM
MarkMM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
I wonder if there was a trade threat in there somewhere..

Gotta say, Gillis seems to know all the little screws to get players re-signed at good numbers.
Haha, for all the talk that hiring a former agent as GM would be a bad thing (not part of the boys' club, blah-blah) there does seem to be this upside that he knows what goes on in a player's and agent's heads when they're staring across the table at a GM.

Love the deal, I was hoping for $2.75M as a fair amount, was prepared for $3M, but this plus a two-year security is good for the Canucks, and fair enough to Raymond that he won't be bitter.

If we could get cap relief, I wouldn't mind holding on to Bieksa until we get a better sense of Salo's future, but even if we do let Bieksa go, neither he nor Salo were in our top-four anyway, and we have three guys in Alberts, O'Brien and Rome who can be bottom pairing guys.

Edler - Hamhuis
Erhoff - Ballard
O'Brien - Alberts
Rome

That's not weak at all, and with our forwards and goaltending, we're solid. Would be nice to have a right-hander in there, but if Hamhuis and Ballard were honest about being able to play both sides, we don't have too much to worry about.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote