Thread: Line Combos: Montreal Canadiens Lineup Thread
View Single Post
Old
07-26-2010, 03:53 PM
lamp9post

vCash: 500
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
I feel that Gomez and Gionta are the perfect pair of veterans to play with Pouliot, who is still unproven in my mind. I would be weary of playing Pouliot on the third with Eller right now, since I feel he needs to get into a rhythm and get some confidence before he can be a focal point of a line.

Cammalleri-Pleks-Kostitsyn/Lapierre
Alternating Kost and Lappy depending on who's playing well and deserving of a top 6 spot. I like the idea of Kost playing on the 3rd with Eller because, unlike Pouliot, I feel that Kost can carry a line offensively.

Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn/Lapierre
Big 3rd line. I hope Eller gets the chance to play with some offensively skilled players, and I think Kostitsyn could be the best fit.

Boyd-Pyatt-White
Young 4th line. Don't know much about Boyd. Pyatt and White are competent players and should form a reliable duo.

Question: Darche looks like he'll be the 13th forward. Do you think we'll carry 14 forwards or do what we did last year and just fill 22 of the 23 roster spots? Honestly, I wouldn't be against signing Metro for a year if he's cheap. All our other forward prospects I want playing big minutes in Hamilton, not in the pressbox in MTL.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote