Thread: News Article: Versus Top-10 Goaltenders List
View Single Post
Old
07-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
I think there has been hype about Miller for a while. It just sorta went mainstream (for lack of a better term) this year because of the Olympics.
I think Miller is put up there because of his Vezina year AND the Olympics. Before this year I had Miller as a top-6 goaltender. He was a solid goaltender in the NHL and had back to back appearances in the Conference Finals for the Sabres (granted the Sabres were a great team and he let up a soft goal against Alfredsson to be knocked out in 06-07). After this year I have him as a top-3. I would not label Miller as the best goaltender UNLESS he can have another two or three years like this in a row.

The reason why Brodeur / Lundqvist have been the two best goaltenders since the lock out is because of their consistency. Year in and year out I'd say Brodeur / Lundqvist are the two most consistent goaltenders and you know you're going to get a quality year out of them.

Personally, I think Henrik has been, overall, the best goaltender in the NHL since the lock out.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote