View Single Post
Old
07-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonAnomaly View Post
not a third of his goals. Irregardless you would have to know absolutely nothing about hockey to suggest the notion that sammys style meshes with the sedins. Because the simple fact is that it doesnt , if anything he hinders them. Sammy doesnt play a cycle game , its not his MO. Whats difficult to understand about that? Sedins play the cycle below the hashmarks, while sammy is better suited to a rush/perimeter line. If vigneault puts sammy with the sedins for anything longer than 10 games i will be the first one protesting outside gm place asking for his head on a stake.

This inability of yours to understand positional play disturbs me. There is a big difference between rush/cycle lines. Big difference between lines that play below the circles and ones that play a perimeter game. I dont know how you dont get this. Look at where samms shots come from during the regular season , id say about 90% come from outside the hashmarks...... perimeter shots. Then take look at where burrows shots come from , since he adopts to the sedins style , majority are below the hashmarks...... its really not that complicated.
You're so off base. The best part is you think that somehow your outlandish statement is fact.

Sammy shoots too much for your liking? Guess what? The Sedins don't shoot enough, that makes him the perfect fit.

Sammy is a rush player? You're joking? Sammy protects the puck and wins puck battles. That's what he does. Suggesting that somehow he isn't geared to the cycle game has me questioning whether you know what a cycle is.

The Sedin's don't need a certain "style" player to play with, they just need a good player. They need a guy that can make a play so he isn't killing the cycle all the time, which is why Sammy/Burrows work and Bernier did not. It's also a huge deal for them to play with d-men that can get involved, because a 5 man cycle is how you score goals in the NHL today.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote