Thread: Speculation: Improving the Fan experience
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
What do you mean ban the tr-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I can't say I agree with most of your suggestions. It's sounding like you'd prefer a rather Spartan experience, and I can tell you that's not to the benefit of the team and the sport.

When they were the "Florida" Seals, their presentation was basically non-existent, and the game that ended up deciding the league champion felt like a regular season, senior league game down at the local rink.

You've also got a bit of a major contradiction in wanting to increase concession sales, but also raise the health quality. That's how you get those problems in the first place. Then factoring in vouchers, and having fewer vendors to handle all of that just add to the potential problem.

There's also an issue of what to do with the obvious counterfeit sweaters.

Banning Sabre fans, and the PortaPotty idea ain't happening of course. That's profiling btw, just because somebody is wearing a Sabres sweater, or colors that coincide with the opposing team's that night, doesn't make it okay to treat them like the second class citizens they are. The tickets also don't allow for re-entry.

Shutting down the Bolt Brigade from doing stuff during play is a very good idea though. I sit on the second level, so I do get distracted whenever they're blasting meatball sandwiches in the faces of the proletarians up on the third level.

Brass band is fine, cheerleaders are fine. The Advantica sight line: seat upgrade of the game, may be a bit like watching your pet think that they're people, but it all adds to the game experience, whether or not it's your particular cup of tea.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 07-27-2010 at 09:27 AM.