View Single Post
Old
07-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
An NBA team wouldn't fail here at all! You kidding me? It's all opinion at this point, but I think an NBA team would be sick in Montreal. An NFL team wouldn't work since we have our own Canadian football league... We already tried MLB, and clearly were not able to keep em, although it had a good run.
Montreal is definitely not an NBA city. Sure, they'd get good attendance for the first year, but once they start losing I doubt they'd manage over 10,000. I know maybe 4-5 people who would be into an NBA team. I just can't see it having any lasting effect. Either way, I don't care if a team comes to Montreal, but I'm sure it wouldn't work.

Also, pretty sure an NFL team would cause interest in the Alouettes to dwindle, and not the contrary. I don't think an NFL team will come to Montreal, but just throwing in my two cents regarding that.

Also, terrible owners screwed over the Expos and their fans, the city could support a baseball team easily enough. Go check out HarryI's post in the baseball sub-forum.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote