Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers Agree to Terms with Frolov (1Y @ $3MM)
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2010, 12:20 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I don't think anyone can say anything bad about this signing if the rumored terms (1y/$3M) are correct. As has been said before, he either fits in well and earns another contract or can be moved for futures at the deadline.

That said, I wholeheartedly believe that MZA was signed to play a top 6 role on this team, and we all know that Prospal and Gabby are BFF. Call me crazy, but I think this team now has too many top 6 forwards: Gaborik, Frolov, Prospal, MZA, Anisimov, Christensen, Dubinsky. I'm expecting a trade, and my gut tells me that Dubinsky is going to be the odd man out, if for nothing else other than Slats might be anticipating another tough contract negotiation with him next off-season. I'm hoping that's not the case, because I expect a big year from Dubinsky.

All that said, this team is still bouncing around the playoff bubble all year in my opinion. They are by no means contenders, and really still not a "safe" bet for the POs. The Atlantic is just too good.
There's 1 name that doesn't fit on that list of top 6. Guess who. The sad part is some of you have him playing the most important position on the club.