View Single Post
07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by madmutter View Post
If it is the same as Alberta - and I believe it is as Hockey Canada is the governing body - you will need to get Coach level 1, Speakout (an ethics course) and Safety (hockey specific first aid). If you are coaching initiation you will also need Intro to Coach. If you are coaching players who will be hitting (Peewee in AB but it's Bantam in QC I've heard) you will need to attend a hitting clinic. If the team is high level bantam or midget I believe it falls under the "competitive" stream instead of the "developmental" stream an then it's a different certification scheme altogether. I believe all these courses are one day affairs and the minor hockey association usually pays for them.

Here's a link for you, all that info is off the top of my head but I went through most of it last year.
Thanks alot man I appreciate it,I'm going to try to coach Peewee A in Quebec and I do one day want to coach Midget AAA and Juniors but that's a long way away.
So what I need is an Ethics,First Aid and Intro to coaching course and then I'm a certified Single letter non-contact coach ?

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote