Thread: Line Combos: New York Rangers lineup thread
View Single Post
Old
07-28-2010, 02:19 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Prospal-EC-Gabby : These three showed good chemistry together. Gabby is obviously an elite scorer but he is more than capable of opening space for others and getting the puck to them; having said that, I can see gaborik being a huge reason why christensen breaks out this year and puts up career numbers with that great shot of his

Frolov-AA-MZA : You put Frolov with a fellow russian, and the two big bodies can go to work and wreak havoc. I think AA can learn a lot from frolov while also benefiting from having him on his wing. The other plus is with the two big bodies they can open up space for the smaller MZA and help make his transition to the nhl smoother.

Dubi-Drury-Cally : I love this as a 3rd line. ALL are grinders. They all play similar. All play tough and will go into corners and get scrappy goals. I like it alot. Good speed and hustle. This line would work great together imo and makes for a prototypical 3rd line.

Avery-Boyle-Prust : This is where it starts to get tricky because you just signed Boogard to a 4 year contract. Now I think you can insert Boogard when you need to for teams like philly. And you probably insert him in there for Prust though Prust as we know is more than willing to drop the gloves. Boogard is just a more intimidating force because of size and history. To me this is a poor man's 3rd line. Those 3 could make for a pesty 3rd line on other rosters in the nhl. Avery and Prust have the skating ability and snarl to motivate the team. Boyle adds the size.

Grachev : I know camp hasnt started and he has not proven anything yet but grachev is a guy who i feel can really push for a spot this year. the kid had a good prospects camp following the june draft and he said all the right things, sounding so determined to make the nhl roster. The only problem is I dont know where he fits in. It's just a dream but it'd be pretty sweet to add grachev and his 6'4" frame to AA and Frolov.

Defense:

I'm not going through pairings but my top 7 in this order: Staal-Rosie-MDZ-Girardi-McD-Gilroy-Eminger....Eminger is your veteran 7th defenseman to give McD games off during the year when he needs them. I'd also consider Sauer as a call up for a spot.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote