View Single Post
Old
07-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Tommy Hawk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judrix View Post
rather a cheap Theodore for a year than an overpaid Niemi for 3
Niemi wil only get a 1 year deal but a cheap theodore or turco is better than an overpaid niemi....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
IMO, Turco is more likely, as he can sign for much less with a bonus-laden contract
Definitely this is where being 35 pays off for turco. Multi year (3) deal incentive laden.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Taves View Post
I would prefer Turco as well. I think his puckmoving ability would add another dimension to the hawks puck control, uptempo game...though i'm sure almost every goalie in the league is better at moving the puck than Niemi . How is Theodore at moving it anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
If you accept an Arb award for Niemi, he can't be traded can he?

I've said it elsewhere, but Theo at 1.5 > Niemi at anything over 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Taves View Post
I think that only applies to matching an offer sheet, did the Hawks not sign Calder after his arbitration award then promptly trade him?
They traded Calder 2 days later....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabizzket View Post
I don't think I care who's in net anymore. They tend to be wildly unpredictable and (at least statistically) there's not a big difference in performance to justify the big disparity in pay. I'm fine with Crawford if need be.
And the stats back that up, as I said before. Detroit doesn't have one and they were in the finals two years in a row. Fluery is very good but when you have Crosby....

You can get a average goalie that gets hot at the right time (see Philly and Chicago and Montreal) and go a long way in the playoffs.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote