View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
GAG, I don't know why you started this back-and-forth off on such a hostile note. It's simple. I like Dubi - a lot. My personal opinion is that he could be a second liner on a playoff team for many years. But I don't think that he'll ever be a first liner, because I don't think he processes the game quickly enough (frankly I think that's part of the reason he does better at LW than C).

So, if you can trade that player for a legit FIRST liner, either alone or in a package, you do it. Given the perpetual interest in him from around the league, I think there's a chance you might be able to do just that. If we can, I think we should.
The hostility is because I'm tired of seeing people suggest that we should trade Dubinsky. It's like no matter what he does, it's never enough for some people.

So what if he doesn't become a 1st liner? Teams need 2nd liners too, and it's not like we've got a lot of those either. Callahan may never be a legit 2nd liner. Should we trade him too? What about Artie, he may never be better than a 3rd liner. Should we trade him now in a package to get a top 6 guy? Hell, Kreider may never even play in the NHL. Let's trade him for a vet.

Dubinsky is not part of the problem. He's a top 6 player on a team short on top 6 players. You're naive if you think we can trade him for someone better without giving up other significant assets. Bobby Ryan? Even if we could fit him under the cap, it would take a lot more than Dubi to get him.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote