View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 11:11 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by li97 View Post
I don't get why people think that Christensen will not be centering one of the top 2 lines. He only started playing well when he was centering one of the top 2 lines.

He is a highly skilled player and needs to play with other skilled players to succeed. End of story.

Otherwise, I'm pumped to see how MZA plays.

Christensen is such a weird situation. It is odd to me how the detractors refuse to acknowledge how there were games last year where the kid looked incredible.
I mean, flying up the ice, making plays, getting the puck to the net.

I remember games last year where he was the best player on the ice and was creting scoring chances every shift.

Can we expect that from him for a whole season? I have no idea.

But the one thing I think people are underestimating with him is a sense of confidence.

For a kid who had so much promise early in his career and to get bounced around and really struggle everywhere he went, I think it was super rough on him mentally.

Last year we gave him a shot. We brought him back from the dead. He's only 26. And as I said he showed some great flashes last season.

Is he a part of the core going forward? probably not. But it would not surprise me for Erik to have a really good year.

Don't underestimate the importance of confidence in your abilities.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote