View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 12:19 PM
saskfarmboy
That's pretty neat!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
So in other words I should take all the minimum required courses now and then when I want to go hirer in coaching I should take the other courses.

Is there a minimum age you have to be to be a Head coach or assitant coach ?
I'm also a teenager (17) who is coaching, only i'm coaching my little brother's novice team instead of a higher level. My advice to you is take all the required courses that you need for you level, and then take the courses you need to move up to higher levels when your ready to start coaching that level. There isn't a minimum age to be a coach, but I would recommend starting our as an assistant coach for 2 reasons. The first reason is that your a new coach, so you (likely) don't have much of an idea on how to run a practice properly. I've had to try run a practice when the other coaches couldn't make it, and its difficult. The second reason I recommend you start as an assistant is that you aren't that much older than the kids your wanting to coach, and therefore there is a good chance that they won't respect/listen to you the same way they would to an adult who has coaching experience. Be an assistant for a few years, learn how to coach from a coach who has done it before, and then attempt to be a coach when your old enough for the players to respect you. But most importantly, have fun with it and good luck!

saskfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote