View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Well the ultimate goal of any lineup is to maximize every player's production. If Carter doesnt need Giroux to be on his line to maximize his production, then why put him there? Why not allow someone else to benefit from Giroux's immense talent?

We all know who Carter played with when he scored 46, so why not try to replicate a similar situation for him? Let him skate in the zone and cut to the middle and shoot all day if he wants, but put someone on his line who can go to then net and retrieve the puck. Then use Giroux with a player who legitimately needs a playmaker to score.

Leino-Richards-Briere
JVR-Carter-Hartnell
Carcillo-Giroux-Zherdev
You are making my point. Everyone thinks Jeff Carter needs the puck on his stick and he can score from anywhere, but he cannot replicate what Giroux can do which is create more space for the snipers like Carter and Zherdev.

I will predict this....Carter at center will not replicate the 46 goals, he will not reach 40. He played with Hartnell last year and it sucked. Carter and JvR? Two guys who play the perimeter and the last person I want to play with Carter if JvR, JvR should be playing with guys who will teach him to work hard on the boards and fight for the puck, get to the net.

Carter has been figured out by the NHL defenses....let him bring the puck up ice, force him wide, let him shoot from bad angles, puck swings around dasher, defensive forwards pick up puck and offensive zone lost.

Giroux....carry puck up ice, find open space by having the defense respect that you can pass, shoot, or deke your way around the defense. Find the soft spot in the zone, wait for offense to enter zone, set up offense through the point, create traffic.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote