View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
McNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
No, I am just using your own statistical reasoning against your hypothesis. I am a Carter-hater......too funny, what are you two?

I am answering the question as to why Giroux should be at center and Carter needs to be moved to wing, period. I would love for someone to actually give me a reason why Carter is the best choice to play center over Briere or Giroux when both of those players have shown to be more productive to both them and their respective linemates, besides basing it on Jeff Carter scoring 46 goals one season. Oli Jokinen has scored a lot of goals too, does not mean he always made the teams he played on better suited to win a cup.
Carter has had an 84 point season at center. You can discount it all you want, and you will because ignoring his success at center is the only way your argument makes sense. To put the ball in your court show me one winger who has had a 30 goal year riding shot gun with Giroux for a season? Giroux is a better passer/playmaker without question but let's stop anointing the kid as a #1 center, his career high in assists is 31 (Carter's 38). When your talking about offense production is really all that matters, and sorry Giroux hasn't proven that he is on the same level that Jeff Carter is offensively. Carter is better defensively and better at faceoffs so I really don't understand why people would want to put him on the wing.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote