View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
True, but 'who knows what Lavy's going to do until he does it?' was my point.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Was the run to the SCF's a result of Carters two-way play or a result of Giroux and Briere causing matchup problems for defenses and what they did offensively? Richards I agree with, Carter needs to be more flexible and play where the spot is open and what will benefit the team. Briere and Giroux were experimented on the wings last season and the end result was they were most productive when at center during the playoffs.
You don't think Carter, a 40 goal scorer, causes match-up problems?

Carter has also been experimented on the wing and he looks completely lost. Briere and Giroux might not be PPG players on the wing, but they don't look like retards on skates like Carter does. They are the ones that need to be more flexible because their games translate better to the wing.

The playoffs are fooling a lot of people. Briere won't score 100 points playing centre like he was on pace for in the playoffs and he's a severe defensive liability. Giroux is a natural winger, anyway. This business that skilled players need to play centre in order to have the puck and score points is a John Stevens-ism that I can't stand.

We're a better team with Carter and Richards as 1a and 1b centres and one or both of the other two on the wing.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote