View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 01:14 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
You're jumping to some pretty large conclusions here pal... the least of which is my belief that Dubi will be traded. I never said that. I said "More and more I feel like a trade will be made and we'll lose someone we like... like Dubi"

Avery is untradeble. If he was making 2M (like we're paying him) then he'd be less so... but any team taking him would be on the hook for 4M. Prospal is old and coming off knee surgery (making him expendable IMHO) so he won't get dealt in ANY deal for a center. If someone of value has to go... to get someone of value (a center) I feel Dubi MAY be one of those at risk to go.

I'm gonna leave it at that.

BTW... the "leaked" info you speak of... Was it just Dubi for Heatley? To my reccollection it wasn't. Meaning the deal wasn't right for us... especially with Gabby coming. You can't tell me that Dubi, plus someone for a number 1 center doesn't make more sense... perhaps?
Look, your reasoning is sound. It's not a far fetched thought. He's sensitive about the Dubinsky talks so take it with a grain of salt. Dubinsky's biggest issue on the ice is consistency... he disappears for too long some times. For the team structure, he's no longer looking like the center that we need but the wing that we are cluttered in. If he plays wing this season, it's pretty much a guarentee that someone gets moved. You went through the list of likely candidates and probabilities so you understand.

The rumor was we offered Dubinsky and Roszival. They wanted Staal too. Staal was the sticking point, not Dubinsky. The 'leak' was Murray complaining that they can't even land a 10 goal scorer for Heatley which we assume to mean Dubinsky.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote