View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Sacchetti and Winkler are basically dead to me. I included Monast just to be nice. I go back and forth between Coyle and King for that final spot. Undecided at the moment. I gave some consideration to Tousignant, but his slightly better proximity is hurt by the fact that the NHL squad is up to its gills in pests already. Maybe if this were the LA Kings of last year who were just waiting for a player like Clune to come along and fill that role... then again if Ott takes his annual trip to the DL like expected, maybe Tousignant gets a priority call-up ahead of a player with more skill or production in order to replicate the niche, I don't know.
I agree with what you say about Tousignant and the Stars' current pest overload. I look at a lot of these kids at the bottom end of the prospect pool who will only challenge for top or bottom six scoring or secondary scoring roles. That's where I give Tousignant the edge is in that he fills a niche. No need to rush him, bring him in when he's 23 or 24 after he's no longer welcome in the AHL.

ADD: Definitely nothing to do with upside, just a chances of making it and making an impact in his role type pick.

Last edited by Karitimes: 07-29-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote