View Single Post
Old
07-29-2010, 09:38 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFaulk View Post
only teams i can think of is Columbus and Los angelas.
Those are the teams I was thinking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
How's Jonathan Bernier doing? I'm not saying this is the goaltender we are targeting, but, he's young, doesn't have too much values, does not cost a lot.

I think his value his less than Price's value, that way, we coul fetch an interesting top 6 forward.

But then again, I would still prefer having Price, I think, like most of us that its bogus but what the heck, summer is so slow on hockey matters, seams like it'S been more than 4 months that the habs have played their last game...

Can you imagine what type of summer the habs fan would have had if they didn't went to the semi-final? With a boring draft and and a mediocre UFA market,... arg! Thank god we had a nice playoff run!
I was thinking out of all of the teams in the NHL that would be able to do a deal it would be LA or Columbus.

LA wants to win soon, if not now. Price in that "no pressure" market with that young team may flourish. The Habs may also like to get the young French goalie in Jonathan Bernier, he is NHL ready, but would he be an ideal goalie with Auld?

If Habs were to go LA bound I hope that top 6 guy is Simmonds or Brown.

In Columbus. Mason and Price in a trade makes sense. Two young good goalies who had off years and may succeed in a new venue. Price once again would be in a "no pressure" city. Mason to me is a goalie who may flourish in a pressure city like Montreal. It makes sense in a way. Maybe the top 6 guy could be Quebecer Derick Brassard?

Those make a little sense, the whole rumour doesn't, but if I was to peg teams and players I am focusing on those two.