View Single Post
Old
07-30-2010, 12:39 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Please people stop penciling in soft Drewiske in Matt Greene's spot. Greene is tough, can hit hard, fight, and block shots...Drewiske does none of those things...when a guy is hurt you replace him with an equal type of player especially when you also lost a guy like OD who brought toughness...the only guys that fit that bill are Teubert, Muzzin and Campbell and I don't see 2 of those guys taking the spot...I saw it's Muzzin or a UFA.
I disagree. I say you put the 6 best d-men out there who give you the best chance to win. If Drewiske is determined by TM to be better than Teubert, Muzzin, and Campbell and gives the Kings a better chance to win because of match-ups, puck movement, skating ability, or whatever, then he deserves to be in the lineup.

(I'm not saying I endorse Drewiske, I'm just saying there is no right answer between having 3 PMD/ 3 shut down D vs 4 PMD / 2 shut down D vs 5 PMD / 1 shut down D or whatever combination you think of - TM will ice the team with the best chance of winning.)

driller1 is online now   Reply With Quote