View Single Post
Old
07-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I would have been happy with Shelley on a 1 year deal for about a million dollars. Anything more than that and I would have walked away.

Although, I would have been much happier giving Boogard a 3 year deal, considering Orr also got 4 years out of the Leafs I can see how his price was raised in free agency.
Boogaard's getting about 2.5M more than Orr.

That's, what I have a problem with.

Shelley's over 35. Loved him, but I learned my lesson last year with Brashear. Still though, I think Shelley proved he can help this team without dropping his gloves. Boogaard on the other hand, will only help this team when he's pummeling the opposition.

Most of Boogaards fights, will be staged ones against other goons. I have no problem with signing a goon. We definitely needed one. I did want Byers to get a realistic opportunity of making this team, but I understand Sathers motives. I just don't agree with the #'s. Especially when you consider how dry Dereks' hockey game is.

Renney used the Orr in plenty of different situations. He didn't shine, but he proved he can shoot par on the ice.

Boogaard's one of the worst skaters I have ever seen, in my 20 years watching hockey. I swear to god, I can outskate him and I haven't skated since I was 25.