Thread: Speculation: Markstrom -> next Lundqvist?
View Single Post
Old
08-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I love this thread! Good thing we're not getting ahead of ourselves by comparing our 20 year old prospect who has never played a single NHL game to one of the best goaltenders in the world! We wouldn't want to exacerbate his young career by placing too heavy a burden on his shoulders already!
Not sure how they're not comparable, Clint. I mean, they're paths are very similar...so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Markström is earlier in his progress than Lundqvist was, but that doesn't mean he is sure to be better at age 22, 25 or 30. He is already an exceptional goalie but every player has their own growth curve. Typically Swedes are known as latebloomers although the new generation of players seem to break into that logic a bit. They are very comparable however and little indicates that he wouldn't take the step soon. If you are the best goaltender in SEL and is still getting better each day your chances are high.
Great post, appreciate the insights, and like the line about growth curves. Not sure I've seen it worded that way before.