View Single Post
Old
10-02-2003, 01:38 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
You guys are more than welcome to give him the 1.25/year he's asking for, in my opinion. Just sign him; wouldn't have to give up too much in draft pick compensation.

He definitely had a good season last year, big improvement over the year before, but I don't think he's getting the shaft just yet. 3+million over 4 years with negotiable incentives seems like a pretty decent offer for a guy in Dupuis' situation, dontcha think? Nice guaranteed raises every year, above the required, regardless of performance.
Well seeing as they are asking him to give up arbitration rights, as well as having him in 4 years make less than half the league average, I would assume something more.

It isn't even his asking price... it is the Wild only willing to accept 2 offers... $385k over 1 year, or $750k over 4.

I can almost guarantee he would take a 1 year deal worth $500k... but that isn't even an option for him. You can't expect a young guy like him to sign a 4 year deal like that, especially with what he has the ability to make through things like arbitration.