Old
08-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
I can't read Niemi's mind but I can't imagine he'd be contented with a $1M salary. For a team he might end up as backup on top of that. And I just don't see PG looking his way. He's not going to turn around and offer Niemi a contract when he's already hired a backup and he's working on signing his #1. It's too late to consider such an eventuality.

He made a decision, he needs to make it happen by signing Price. Not changing his whole planning by hiring another goalie.
Well, since I don't like his decision, and since I have no insight whatsoever into how his negotiations with Price are going, I don't mind playing with alternative ideas. But like I said, it's all far-fetched to begin with.

Well, except the part about Niemi potentially ending up desperate. I don't see any other teams with an opening either. Teams might *make* an opening for Niemi. But since the openings aren't there atm, it automatically means fighting for a spot somewhere. He won the fight in Chicago. But now he has just put himself back into a fight again. Dumb move by Niemi. Maybe he'll get some kind of lucky break somewhere. But also maybe not. The fight in Montreal probably wouldn't be any great deal more daunting than most other situations he might enter into. Price lost his fight last year. It's not a slam dunk that Niemi would be a backup. But still a moot point, since obviously the Habs aren't looking that way.

Anyway, I'd rather have Turco at $1.3M than Auld at $1M.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote