View Single Post
Old
08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Faceoffs are one of those things that really depends on the person. I almost always tie the guy up and win it after I get him out of position. I'm big and strong though so it's a natural choice for me to win it this way.

With tips, it takes time. I'm really good at it but I always played baseball for years. One thing I'd recommend is a smarthockey ball and "juggling" it on your stick. Not only does it help with hand-eye coordination but it also helps you know where your stick is. This sounds basic but if you think about it, you have a super thin shaft and a rather big blade but the blade isn't in line with the shaft. Your top hand will almost always be the same distance from your blade and in line with your shaft, "juggling" a smarthockey ball is perfect for setting that muscle memory.
I've played baseball longer then I've played hockey (and was way better at baseball at my best then I am at hockey now) and I can juggle for quite a while (with a roller ball, not a smarthockey one) This makes me nervous that you're saying these things are key when I am good at baseball and juggling but can't tip too well out of the air

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote