View Single Post
Old
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJimmyCarterC View Post
I've played baseball longer then I've played hockey (and was way better at baseball at my best then I am at hockey now) and I can juggle for quite a while (with a roller ball, not a smarthockey one) This makes me nervous that you're saying these things are key when I am good at baseball and juggling but can't tip too well out of the air
It's not easy to do, it's a lot harder than hitting a baseball.

Get a smarthockey ball, it has some weight and will definitely help the muscle memory. You get no feedback from a roller hockey ball. I literally catch the ball on the blade of the stick and roll it around, keep doing it until you don't have to think about it.

We were screwing around on the ice after a coaching session, another coach took a shot from center ice to lob into the open net like a intermission prize shot. I knocked it out of the air back to him, no practice nothing, no warming up... The practicing with the smarthockey ball gives me the confidence and the muscle memory that it's just second nature. Trust me, it takes time but once you get comfortable with it, no biggie.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote