View Single Post
Old
08-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

vCash: 500
I'm not a big fan of Mitchell, and losing not one but TWO centers would really hurt us. Say what you will about Connolly being injury prone, but when he is healthy he is very effective. He showed this year that he IS in fact getting healthier, and I think if he can stay healthy he still has another 5 prime years in him. Since the Sabres don't have a legit #1 center and probably won't have one for a long time (since they're so damn hard to find), having two complimentary fringe 1st line/quality 2nd line centers is the best route to go. And Roy and Connolly are two top tier 2nd line centers in the league.

Now that we signed Morrissonn I don't think we need to go after another defenseman tbh. I'm fine with us trying Sekera and Butler again, or trying Gragnani on the PP. Sekera has a lot of hockey sense and is a great offensive defensemen when he isn't having confidence issues.

The only way I'd be fine with us losing Connolly is if we got a true #1 center (like Brad Richards or someone to that extent), or if we got a really good physical center who still has some offensive abilities (someone like Peverley).

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote