08-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
Like both players, but for Kaberle, I'd pass.

Rather than acquiring the two players, I find there is more value to us in keeping Kabs and re-signing him to an extension.
After all the time Burke has left him dangle in the wind -- two summers and the intervening season -- it still amazes me that people think that Kaberle will want to sign there and that the Leafs will have any interest in signing him when they are already committed to so many bigger money contracts on their blueline. It's something that just simply does not add up -- and yes, I've read Kaberle's comments about loving Toronto, etc... and also his recent comments about how he has accepted that he will be dealt. Guys don't stay around when they've been treated like that, no matter how much they may say they love a place. Given not just the offer of a contract, but being pursued and wooed by another team, he's going to be out of their fast, moving on to greener pastures.