Thread: Salary Cap: Next Summer Free Agency
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Habs would have enough space to sign our youngsters and Chara if we get rid of Spacek.

Now, people who say Chara will re-sign in Boston are speculating, even if he began talks, Chara has walked away before and Boston isn't his draft team so anything can happen.

One thing is for sure, we will have to replace Hammer and will have a few choices to do so, my favorites being Chara, Kaberle and Ehrhoff.

If it's Kaberle or Ehrhoff, we'd probably have space left for a 5-6 mil forward if we don't re-sign AK.

Most RFAs won't get that much of a raise.

The ones that will, we are unsure how much and who exactly depending if someone breaks-out among Pac, Eller, Pouliot and AK.

Gorges won't get more than 1 mil upgrade.

The cap will probably go up another 3 mil next season too, and that will give us quite enough space to add players and re-sign anyone we want.

As for Markov, the more I think about it, the more I see him signing with a few extra years with smaller amounts, bringing him close to a 5 mil cap hit. (something like 7-7-7-7-5,5-3,5-2,5-1,5)

It's much too early to see what exactly will happen, but I'm pretty sure Habs will be one of the most active teams on the UFA market next year.

The following season, we'd then have another 3 mil of free space if the cap goes up and have almost everyone signed and enough money to keep Subban, Price and whoever.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote