Thread: Speculation: Redden to be waived at end of camp
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2010, 07:07 AM
missionaborted

vCash: 500
Hi all:

I have been following the boards for some time but have never posted, so forgive the 1st post ignorance...

As of yesterday, capgeek.com suggests that the Rangers currently have $465,833.00 in space available (with Todd White as a part of the roster.) Obviously, they still have to sign Staal and Lisin (?) so I am wondering about three players:

1. Wade Redden - From what I have read, it is pretty much a sure thing that Redden will be sent to the minors to get rid of his contract (YAY!). My question is WHEN can this happen? I have heard that it cannot happen until after camp, but if the Rangers only have the space that capgeek is citing, how can we sign Staal and possible Lisin without being over the cap by season start?

2. ??? - IF Redden does get demoted (If we are lucky), who is going to take his place on the Roster? Are McDonagh or McIlrath ready in terms of development? Do we try to sign one of the UFAs?

3. Todd White - I am unclear about the status of White. Can he NOT be demoted if he is injured? Will the Rangers actually use / need him in the roster or will he too be buried in the minors if his camp does not go well?

Just a couple of questions that hopefully someone can clarify for me. While not a huge slats fan, I have been happy with his ability to correct mistakes and get rid of the garbage over the past couple of seasons (Gomez, Jokinen, Brashear, Rissmiller)...

missionaborted is offline   Reply With Quote