View Single Post
Old
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
At $1.5, I'd almost rather just have kept Ellis around. Yeah, Theo is the better tender, but he is also more risky and Ellis already knows the system. But I wouldn't complain. In fact, while typing this out, I'm leaning towards really liking a deal like this... hehhh

If this is true, like BFC said, our internal budget must have gone up

Perhaps this is partly why Rinne's contract is structured the way it is (2.8 and 4.0), allowing us to spend more on a backup this year. Next year, when Rinne is making the big bucks, we can bring up Lindback or whomever.
Ellis didn't really want to come back if he found an opportunity to start somewhere and that's what he got in Tampa. Dan is in the prime years of his career and looking for a spot to grow and establish himself whereas...

Theodore, Toskala, and Legace are approaching the end of their careers and while Theodore would've probably liked to have gotten a spot where he could at least be in a 1a/1b scenario, the options are extremely limited right now and see essentially Nashville as the ONLY team in the league with a wide open No. 2 spot.

My personal preference was Yann Danis, but he signed in the KHL last week. Out of the goalies left (Niemi is not signing here), Theodore is the one that gives me the most confidence heading into the season should Pekka get injured or struggle for any length of time.

As long as he doesn't break the bank (and $1.5 mil is a trade able contract), I'd like to see the Predators go after Theodore...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote