View Single Post
Old
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I've read that before on the HF Message Boards but never in any media report - do you know the source that documented Burke's comment?
It was on an interview. But my memory is great. I listened to the interview myself so its not a story that has chains of narration.

And with regards to the comment about Kaberle being re-signed, I think its important to note how much value he possesses for us. He's a rare commodity as in a PMD and without him we will be without none. Trading Kaberle would be risky itself as we'd be banking on Carl Gunnarson to run our PP for us. But at this point, our need at top 6 forward is greater. At the same time we do realize that keeping Kaberle will not be detrimental for the team. Every team needs PMD, and it's hard to grab them, so I won't be disappointed a single bit if he's brought back. Unless Burke gets exactly or very close to what he wants for Kaberle, which is a legit top 6 forward and some secondary toughness (as per him), I see no motivation in moving him.