View Single Post
Old
04-12-2005, 07:39 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan
Yeah, I hate the love affair with Lehtonen too...I mean, for goodness sakes, the guy has lost I believe 1 game since the All-Star break...has been injured, and still recorded 37 victories, a 2.30 GAA, and a .929 save percentage. I think that is plenty good enough for a 2nd All-Star team consideration.

He is second in the League in wins, and has played 6 less games (due to a groin injury) than the wins leader Ryan Miller, who only has 3 more wins.

Are there goalies more deserving of the All-Star nod? Possibly...but to say Lehtonen dosen't deserve a spot on the second team in just plain stupid
I never said that he didn't deserve the spot. Further, I do believe that he should have been one of the goalies considered. However, I also said that the other goalies that I mentioned were worthy of the second spot. Lehtonen has had a very good season, but not as good as those other goalies. Again, I think that Joey MacDonald was more deserving of the honor than Lehtonen. He has put up better numbers, played in more games and plays on a considerably worse team than Lehtonen does.