Thread: Salary Cap: Next Summer Free Agency
View Single Post
Old
08-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Subban76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Other than Avtsin, Pacioretty and Desharnais, is there anybody else in Hamilton capable of cracking our forward lineup next year? I assume White will make it this year. I also don't see Desharnais making it with the Habs if Plekanec, Gomez and Eller are the top 3 centers of this team. He's too small. Maybe if he shifts to wing, he can be a Gionta?

I really don't mind Pacioretty - Eller - Avtsin as a 3rd line. It gives us a great young trio that can develop chemistry for years to come. Plekanec - Cammalleri and Gomez - Gionta are the pairs on the other scoring lines. Then we have Pouliot and I believe Kostitsyn will be let go after this season. So to me we'll have one top 6 position open (Kostitsyn's) and a great top 9 if we can fill that player with a bonafide power forward.

Boyd, White, Pyatt and Moen on the 4th+.

Our focus though has to be on building our defence like Chicago if we're serious about a Cup. It has to be the #1 priority. No matter what goalie we have, that D will take care of him. Markov, Subban and Gorges are the core on D. In two years, Tinordi should be ready to get a couple of games with the big club. Gill, while not part of the core, gives us such a penalty killing and leadership presence it's hard to let him go. His game isn't based on speed. I don't see him losing a step for the next 3 years as long as he can remain healthy. In two years, I don't know where O'Byrne will fit in. He looks like a Gill without the shot blocking.

So in two years we have one forward and 2-3 defensemen to look for. These D have to be physical, big body players who are scary to play against. With Gill, Tinordi and two of those guys complementing Markov, Subban and Gorges, we'll be pretty set on D. The question is finding them. Who's UFA and available next summer that fits this description? Markov is Keith, Subban is Campbell, Gorges is Hjalmarsson.

Unfortunately then I don't see Desharnais, Weber and Carle here. While they are decent players, we have players lacking size already in their positions. We have to complement what we currently have with bigger guys. As much as size doesn't matter but heart does, granted, but if you're a smaller team and you're bruised enough, eventually you'll run out of steam. That's what we saw against Philly. Bigger bodies can take those hits. You need heart and size.

Get researching guys!
I want David backes who is a UFA next summer

He will be 27 years old, 6'3" 220 lbs and potential 30 goal scorer. 5th in NHL last year with 266 hits

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote