View Single Post
Old
08-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstream View Post
Power forwards do not necessarily hit a lot. They just go in front of the net and GET HIT, but do not move because of their size & strenght.

Best example is frikkin Holstrom... heck, I don't even know if the guy can skate or hit, he's just ALWAYS in the crease ready to tip one in... and that's why he's good.

That's mainly why we whined at Guillaume : his failure to be there.
I'm pretty sure Penner gets most of his goals from there.
We don't get many goals from that area... maybe our most productive forward from the crease was Gionta... and I could even bet he's been or most productive forward in the crease since Doug "Killer" Gilmour.
Holmstrom is not a power forward. He's an agitator who will pay the price in front of the net. His skill level is well below guys like Penner and Latendresse who can actually score on hockey plays, not just having the puck hit them or hacking in a rebound. He's good at what he does, but he gets a bit too glorified by some Hab fans obsessing about parking somebody in front on the PP, this despite us having a top PP the last 5 or so years.

If you think Penner gets most of his goals just parking himself in front you haven't watched him.