View Single Post
Old
04-12-2005, 01:09 PM
paxtang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Brash is a better fighter and a much better player than Fedoruk. Todd is a good skater, but has terrible hands, and constantly takes bad penalties and makes poor decisions. His passing alone should keep him off of NHL ice. I've been waiting and waiting for his game to mature, and it just hasnt happened. Eager initially didnt impress me much, but now I think he is Fedoruk's replacement.
I really don't understand the idea people have about Eager being a goon. Yes, he was a heavy in the O. That rarely translates to a heavy in the NHL, hell even the AHL. Eager has 9 fights this year, against middleweights. He'll be a middle in the NHL, and he'll be more of a pest than anything. Eager is NOT a future enforcer.

Also, I don't see what the problem with letting Fedoruk become the full time heavy. Brash isn't going to be an effective fighter much longer, he's at the end of his prime as far as heavies go. He's also way to expensive for a 4th liner in a cap league. I think it's time to give the reigns to the Fridge. He's not a bad 4th liner, yeah he has bad hands but as long as he can consitantly get the puck out of his own end, which I think he's worked on this year, he'll be fine. He's actually ok positionally. He's not an undefeated fighter like Brash, but he's a much better enforcer, in that he'll fight anyone. As long as we have a willinging light heavy to go with Todd and a bunch of guys who will defend themselves (Eager, Richards, etc.) we'll be good.