View Single Post
Old
08-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Tallon's not going to let their prized prospect get crapped on in Rochester, so I'd ease up with the emotion a bit.
Exactly. The Amerks needed two defensemen, now they got them. I don't understand some of the comments around here, Callahan is actually a pretty good AHL d-man. Fast would have been in the AHL last season but Peoria's blueline is loaded. He's actually a prospect, is still only 22, I like him. He's a very good skater and is good with the puck, and isn't too shabby in his own zone. Rochester's blueline isn't bad at all. Now they just need a couple forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I thought we loaned him to another AHL team.

I can't see Wilson being here much longer. IIRC like Taffe he was signed to a 2 year deal which the second year of the contract became a one way deal.
I can't see us paying him the NHL salary when he has just about a 0% chance of ever dressing up in a Panthers uniform.
The plan is probably to loan Plante to another team, but it hasn't happened yet. Mink was probably a salary dump and Wilson might be as well, but Rochester still is looking good. The comments about how they won't win many games are hilarious. They will be in the playoffs again. Markstrom in the AHL? Are you kidding me? Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is the best goalie in the league next year. The Amerks will be solid at every position. They might be trading away a couple vets, but come on. The world isn't ending here. Taffe was replaced with Cullen. The Amerks needed a couple solid d-men, they got them. Mink will be replaced.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote