View Single Post
Old
08-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Hertl Power

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
I just want to say that Mitchell is not a slow skater. He's not the most fleet of foot, but much faster than some of the big slugfoots on the Sharks (no offense). Believe it or not, I saw him chase down Modano on a breakaway once. I would have thought you guys would know this since we play each other so often, but I guess not.

Anyways, I don't think ice-time is a huge deal as we're likely to roll each defenseman 20 minutes in various roles, more when Salo is out. Obviously Mitchell would be limited to just the PK on special teams. He'll get around 22 minutes with Boyle seeing as Boyle plays 4 minutes a night on the PP. Not really a huge difference.

I do believe that base salary is a factor. I'm not sure what Gillis is willing to offer him, but if it's too far off what others can offer, he might leave. I don't see him wanting to move far away from his family for Washington, and he would not be able to see a large role with the Wings. I see it between the Sharks and the Canucks, however I think the general impression is that if Gillis is fair, he won't want to go anywhere else.
Sharks-canucks games always end with about 80pims given out and all people remember are the brawls in the games.