View Single Post
Old
08-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Have you looked at the proposed Amerk roster? It's not good.

The defense is abysmal. The Amerks have lost their top 4 scorers from last season, and the only replacement was Mark Cullen, who isn't exactly a top of the line AHL scorer.

Unless Markstrom stands on his head every game, this team isn't winning many games.
So what exactly is the proposed Amerk roster?

I disagree that the defense is abysmal as it appears on paper at least:

Ellerby
Callahan
Robak
Caruso
Fast
Comrie
Hudson
Wilson (until he's traded)

And with the depth FL now has in wingers, I doubt there will be as many callups as there were last yr so take that into account. Before the offseason, I think there was a strong possibility that at least 2 of Duco, McArdle, Repik and/or Dadonov could've been in FL but I dont think so anymore. Plus the quality prospects that are coming in that Amerks fans havent even seen yet in Timmins, Jenks and Selleck. I think the scoring should come from Repik and Dadonov along with guys like Cullen so I dont see that as a problem either but another forward would be a smart addition.

And yes Markstrom probably will stand on his head. He had a truly abysmal team in Europe and did so there leading his team to the playoffs. I would expect him to do the same in the AHL after some early struggles (so be patient for once Amerk fans).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote