View Single Post
08-04-2010, 08:02 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
That's what he wrote. The point is the decimal separator, hence 5.97112861 feet is just under 6 feet, or roughly 5 feet and 11.5 inch.

If he has indeed that size, I can't see how it is such a major disadvantage. There are quite a few goalies in the NHL with a comparable size, and his play in the WJC has shown that he can play. Goalies seem to be by far the biggest gamble, and thus I also don't understand why no team picked him with a 7th.
182cm is just what is indicated on the web-page of his team. Chris McSorley, the GM and head-coach in Geneva, is clever and knows that he can market his young goalie better if he is 182cm instead of let's say 178cm... A tiny small but very effective "cheating" from this clever

Fact is... on the official-Swiss Federation-U20-roster Conz is listed as 178cm what is 5.10. Some independent guides have him 179cm or 180cm. On our official Central Scouting database he is listed as 5.10. He himself did declare him as 179cm 1 1/2 years ago. So maybe he did "cheat" a tiny little bit (1 cm) and he has grown since maybe 1cm. The detailed truth we don't know but if if I count all these informations into consideration I guess it's fair to guess him between 178 and 179 what is actually 5.10 or a hair above. He definitely is not a 6.00 goalie and also not a 5.11 what doesn't mean that he is not a good talent. But size is definitely a disadvantage in his whole picture - not a BIG disadvantage but a disadvantage.

Thomas Roost
Central Scouting Europe / NHL

Pokechecker is offline   Reply With Quote