Thread: Speculation: Markstrom -> next Lundqvist?
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
Im starting to think that at some point next year Markstrom is going to get lit up like the 4th of July and I wonder how he will do with that experience. I also wonder how his bandwagon will do when it happens. I personally hope the kid gets a long time in the AHL to develop similar to the way the Kings are bringing Bernier along so slowly. It will be better for him I think. Any which way it will provide us with some interesting discussion this next season.
Well, if he were to get lit up, i think it would be good for his mental growth. I think everyone that saw him in the WJC saw that he needed to mature a little, then again he was 18. That being said, i don't see him getting walked over all year. I could see something similar to Salak last year where he tore it up for a while only to really drop his game towards the end of the season. But i hope Markstrom would be able to bounce back during something like that.

Either way, it's a good situation. He gets at least a year to really work on his game and go through some of the ups and downs that happen over a full season. All the while, he's gaining some experience with the NA style of game, which could be a big deal, and could not be.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote