View Single Post
Old
08-04-2010, 05:13 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
First three picks were easiest...

Trotz, Poile and Legwand. They have all been here since the beginning, these three ARE the predators.

The fourth choice went to Crisp/Weber also due to the longevity and they have as much to do with teaching hockey to new fans as anyone else in Nashville. However, if Shea Weber signs a long term deal and dominates here for 10+ seasons, he will take their spot.
I agree with the top 3 no doubt.

But my #4 and #5 would have to be,

#4 Shea Weber - first ever predator drafted captain, best overall player ever drafted by predators, best player to ever play on predators (remember we had Forsberg in his later years), He is currently the face of our franchise, and I guarantee!!! that he is signing looong term!

#5 Cliff Ronning - I remember 7 games into our inaugural season, we signed him as a FA. He was awesome for us! He is our "small guy" and I was so stocked when we picked him up way back when, I knew that he was good and was very pleased about the acquisition. Ronning was the Predators first ever major acquisition IMO. He is our Theo Fleury! Will always be remembered, led team in scoring for first ever season as well!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote