Thread: Value of: Bieksa to Tampa Bay
View Single Post
Old
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Reign Nateo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
That was one of the most retarded questions I've ever seen (that you answered quite nicely I might add).

I'm saying don't get your hopes up, or you might be sorely disappointed. I'm also saying you have a skewed perception of what Bieska could get back if he were traded, given the situation.
Or you might be shocked right out of your britches! Most Canucks fans agree on Bieksa's value. Something close to Meszaros probably. Most Canucks fans would consider a 2nd and a long-shot prospect, or a grinder and a 3rd is pretty good value for Bieksa.

Mezsaros - 2nd (Philly) He's younger than Bieksa, their offence is probably equal, Bieksa is much more aggressive. Both suck in their own zones. I'd say this is pretty fair value for Bieksa. Bieksa probably garners a touch more because he is cheaper and more proven. Mezsaros fell off the map once he was taken away from Chara.

Wisneiwski - 3rd (NYI), this is basically a low 2nd in the Ducks eyes. We'll see what NYI does. He's probably valued a little less than Bieksa and Mezsaros. Just based on upside alone.

This is a 40 point guy that is as fiery as they come. He's got his warts, but he's also had a bunch of rotten luck and will have a chip on his shoulder the size of a house. He'll have a good season, be it Tampa or somewhere else.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote