View Single Post
Old
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster View Post
Your post have a lot of flaws, first the Bruins didn't draft Stuart before Parisť, And Eberle is miles from parisť.

second a lot a players who were WJC stars never really play in the NHL or wasn't really good NHLer. you give way too much important to the ''junior'' success.

I'm not saying Eberle can be a bust or not better than Colborne in the future but Today I take Colborne project over Eberle, let alone adding a first pick
The Bruins had pick 16. They traded it to move down to 21 to draft Stuart. Parise went 17. So yes, they did choose Stuart over Parise. But if you don't like that fine. Change it to Corey Perry.

The point is, which you are obviously missing, that a few spots in the draft a couple years ago isn't relevant to where prospects stand 2 years later.

Secondly, of course WJC success doesn't insure NHL stardom, but neither does a decent 2 years of college play. The bottom line is that RIGHT NOW, Jordan Eberle is considered the better prospects by most people who pay attention to prospect rankings. Don't believe me? Check the HF rankings, check the other prospect rankings.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote