View Single Post
Old
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Razzmatazz

vCash: 500
EDIT: I just noticed the original post was from March...shutdown defenseman was about to be my other suggestion...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Thanks for all the advice, guys. It's been 4 months or so since and I've found it a lot better from before. My roller league was OK, even though we were winless in 13 games without a coach, I was alright. In all this, I found a new "hidden skill" that I was not aware of.

I've been a shut-down defenseman since and am quite good at it, if I may be conceit. Which is why I've quoted this post cause I thought I could never play defense. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I am in Vancouver and usually play street hockey with friends, no big deal. Anyways, I used to be a bit of a pushover, a cool headed kinda guy, but I've noticed lately I am becoming more of a hothead. When I can't score I get frustrated and try and agitate. We usually rib each other for fun, but when I get to this state, I don't take very kindly to that kind of crap. I'm not a huge guy I am 5 foot 8, 145-150 pounds but I want to take out anything in my way to score.

I don't want to become that ********* who starts **** even though it's a fun thing, but my enhanced natural competitive drive is starting to dictate otherwise. So I have a few questions.

-Should I take sometime off?
-How much if so?
-Will this new drive be a good thing in my roller league in 2 months?

Please no trolls, this is a legitimate problem. Thanks.
Stop trying to score so much, and work on setting up your teammates with passes and rebound shots...I know from my experience being a little more of a setup guy keeps me more level headed than trying to go end to end, and carry the puck/ball through traffic every time.

If you want to score, get open for a one timer or a quick shot when your teammates have the puck/ball.

Razzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote