View Single Post
Old
08-05-2010, 06:18 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I'm not holding out much hope for Willie Mitchell. Yeah, he's a good shutdown defenseman but unless you plan on shipping out Murray, it's not worth it. You can't give him bonuses because he's only 33. He's not much more mobile than Blake. Not enough to make a difference against a team like the Hawks were last year. If he decides to bolt from Vancouver, he's going to take full market value and that's going to be around 3 mil.

If the team plans to move Douglas Murray, I'm okay with it but this team needs another mobile puck-moving d-man that can run a power play. Do we really want to have Joe Pavelski on the point of the top unit for a whole season? He's good for spurts but he's not the solution.
I believe he is actually eligible for bonus's because of his injuries. There was a long discussion about that somewhere and I believe that was the resulting decision.

I agree though, needs to be coupled with another move as well. I don't really want Souray with Mitchell as neither is fast, that's why i liked the Butler deal because Butler is quick.