View Single Post
Old
08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Patofqc*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
People are often confused when it comes to this arena...

1) Charest promised 50 millions. He confimed he's open to give more but warns private funds will be needed to make this happen.

2) The proposed arena is 400M$... but it's a maximum. It could be lower.

3) The city also promised 50 millions.

So, there's only 100 million promised so far. There's still lot of works to be done before it happens (however, I would guess there's probably work done we don't know about yet). And personally, I don't expect anything from the feds... And if we do receive something, it will never be close to 175M$...

The only hidden card we have is the olympics... but we would have
1) to bid first
2) to win the games secondly
And if it happens... it won't be before many years...

My guess is that some deal will be reached between Quebecor and Quebec...
50 millions from the city + 150 millions from Quebec + What's left by Quebecor...
You are a bit pessimistic and i understand that being a long time Nordiques fan myself. But The way i see it, with all the political good will right now is this: The city 50 M, the quebec government 100 M, the fed 100 M, and the naming of the arena 85M. The conservative really need the region of Quebec if they ever want to win a majority. Charest said often that Québec has to have a new Arena. The private funding will come with the naming rights. Labeaume said in an interview that he asked for 400M in order to get less after negociation. I have never been so optimistic about this arena.

Patofqc* is offline   Reply With Quote