Old
08-05-2010, 08:30 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
For the impatient fans who want to get rid of Moller ASAP, might I remind you of another player who was 5'10" and was considered too small, too weak, and not fast enough to play in the NHL?

He broke into the NHL as a 20 year old and within three seasons, appeared in 82 NHL games. In those 82 games, he scored 10 goals and 25 points. When he was 23, he scored 11 goals and 15 points in 30 games. He was 24 when he finally broke through and netted 32 goals and 60 points in 78 games. A season later, he is traded.

Oscar Moller broke into the NHL as a 20 year old and appeared in 40 games, scoring 7 goals and 15 points. In his next season as a 21 year old, Moller scored 7 points in 34 games. That's 11 goals and 22 points in his first 74 games. The player I mentioned above took parts of three seasons to reach 25 points, when he was 22.

The player I'm talking about is Daniel Briere.
Moller reminds me of Martin Straka. Anybody that's small and will still drive to the net or go crashing into the boards is OK in my book. The rest of his game will come around eventually but he's already shown he has heart, I would be very hesitant trading Oscar Moller.

The Tikkanen is online now   Reply With Quote