Thread: Speculation: Trade with Minnesota
View Single Post
Old
08-06-2010, 12:10 AM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Look at Duncan Keith's contract and tell me if we signed both Weber and Suter to similar deals how much their cap hits would be per year...

Poile has previously shown that he will stagger the annual salary of two players long-term deals to essentially pay them the same amount of actual cash each year, but will have one making more than the other to start and the other finishing with a higher salary (look at Legwand and Erat's deals to see what I mean).

Let's wait a couple months and see what type of deal Poile works out with Weber...then we can discuss whether or not Ryan Suter has as bright a future here in Nashville. Till then, they are the cornerstones of our franchise and aren't going anywhere...

Fair enough, I guess thats the best solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
As others have said, we're simply not good trading partners.

How so? Any two teams in the NHL can trade! hahah, its hilarious that you would say that, i mean why not? Maybe not for a blockbuster, but we could definitely do a deal. I even think we could do a blockbuster with the Wild.

As Slake said above, we will wait and see what kind of deal Weber gets and then discuss what happens with Suts, but if Suter does somehow become available, are we still not "good trading partners" with the Wild? lol

To Wild: Ryan Suter, JP Dumont

To Preds: Cam Barker, Martin Havlat, Brent Burns, and 1st round pick

Wild get a superstar defenseman and a player who is "almost" capable of putting up same kind of numbers as Havlat.

Preds "finally" get depth on blueline after Hamhuis/Grebeshkov left and now has more defensive depth, plus a solid forward in Havlat.

Suter would be dealt only for overpayment, he would be an extremely hot commodity.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote