Thread: Allison update
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2005, 07:54 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

vCash: 500
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/..._to_opponents/

All he needs now is the NHL and its players to get a deal done and Jason Allison, the former Bruins captain, figures he's good to go. His return from injuries aside, that puts the 6-foot-3-inch, point-per-game pivot in a very crowded field of unrestricted free agents.

"Tell me about it," said Allison, reached late last week at his Toronto home. "I just want to get back out there. Get this [collective bargaining agreement] thing done and let's get playing, for everyone's good."

"I think I'm an interesting guy for a lot of teams," said Allison, who left Boston in the fall of 2001 amid a contract dispute that eventually brought him a long-term deal worth $8 million a year in Los Angeles. "Whoever gets me is getting a point-a-game guy for a lot less than the going rate, because I know, wherever I sign, it's going to be a deal based on games played and points. I understand that. It's the whole injury thing. But I'm fine. The neck's not going to be a problem. And the money isn't going to be an issue for me. I just want to go out, play, have some fun, do what I like to do."

"I've been away, sure, but I feel like I did after I came back from wrist surgery with the Bruins -- like I've got my jam back," said Allison. "Guys in this game who figure it out, they don't lose that. It will take me maybe 10 games to get my timing and vision -- vision for the puck -- all back in order. Guys who figure it out, they figure it out, and I'll be good."

In all, said Allison, he talked to some 15 clubs last summer about signing for 2004-05.